Job Number 19085236
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Aloft Me|aisam| Dubai| Dubai Production City| Dubai| United Arab
Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open
spaces| open thinking| and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style
is necessary| social scenes are vibrant| and where the only direction is
forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social| with an eclectic
style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need| so we
provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for
innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you
are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes|
then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
At Element| we believe that travelers deserve more than a place to stay. They
need a place to thrive| where they can start every day fresh| focused| feeling
alive. Whether they’re stopping by for a few days or settling in for a few
weeks| time away from home shouldn’t mean time away from life. Our travelers
recognize and appreciate our approachable| multidimensional staff| and we are
energized by helping them find their own space in Element. We help our guests
live life away as they do at home| no matter how long they stay. If you’re an
active optimist who doesn’t second guess connecting with like-minded guests
and creating a balanced space for yourself and those around you| we invite you
to explore career opportunities with Element.
We are hiring Chief Accountant for three properties across two brands
within Marriott International.
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes|
including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes.
Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing|
ledger reconciliation| reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Finance and Accounting or
related major; 2 years experience in finance and accounting or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates| implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all
areas of the property.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Compiles| codes| categorizes| calculates| tabulates| audits| or verifies
information or data.
• Balances credit card ledgers.
• Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for
direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to
• Completes period end function each period.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding
accounting and budgeting policies and procedures| and efficient control and
utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| develop financial spreadsheets| set up functions| enter data| or
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
Leading Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Motivates and provides a work environment where employees are productive.
• Imposes deadlines and delegates tasks.
• Provides an |open door policy| and is highly visible in areas of
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the development| mentoring and training of employees.
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Trains people on account receivable posting techniques.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Demonstrates personal integrity.
• Uses effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise well organized
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes collections calls if necessary.