Job Number 20024446
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre| Airport Road|
Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This position oversees the Aloft and Element complexes in Garhoud and Al
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property|s Hotel Operations.
Areas of responsibility may include Front Office| Recreation/Health Club|
Housekeeping| Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance. Position
works with direct reports (department heads) to develop and implement
departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service
strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Hotel Operations meet the
brand’s standards| targets customer needs| ensures employee satisfaction|
focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the
department and developing positive owner relations. Develops and implements
property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed
the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and
provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the
guest services| front desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management
operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management operations| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the
brand’s target customer.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward
toward achievement of goals.
• Works with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is
aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations
performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate|
wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual
wages| coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team
accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and
ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
• Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate
corrective action is taken.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain
feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or
exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and
ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in Operations
(e.g.| pre-shift briefings| staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service| participates in
daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings
with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review
process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change| ensures brand and regional business initiatives are
implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.