Job Number 20019542
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah| Dubai| Plot 2070 located on the
trunk of Palm Jumeirah| Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates VIEW
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah Dubai is a beach hotel & resort situated on
the trunk of the iconic Palm Island| providing easy access to the city’s
attractions. The first resort for Marriott’s flagship brand in the UAE will
feature 608 guest rooms| 8 restaurants and lounges| a world-class spa| state
of the art fitness centre| a kid’s club and flexible event space. Landscaped
gardens lead to an oversized pool with views of the private sandy beach|
Arabian Gulf and impressive Dubai skyline.
Shapes and executes an overall marketing strategy. Communicates this strategy
to the marketing team and other business units. Coordinates with sales
management in order to ensure alignment of marketing and sales strategies.
Evaluates past programs/events and develops new programs in order to generate
tours and meet or exceed goals. Participates in the performance management|
coaching| recruiting| and selection of the marketing workforce| and develops
compensation plans that will maximize productivity.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor|s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years
experience in a similar position.
• Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for
• Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To: Work in close contact with the
general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong
communication and customer service skills.
• Openness to adapt to different cultural contexts based on location Must be
willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
Must have knowledge of the local market and experience working in a similar
role in a five star hotel in the UAE __ __ ~~~~
__ __ ~~~~
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
• Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations| site
goals| and forecasts for appropriate activities.
• Verify that pricing and communications regarding previews are consistent
across all channels. Develop tour generation program initiatives| including
but not limited to owner referral and reload programs| off-site locations| and
travel partner promotions.
• Collect and analyze competitive intelligence (e.g.| marketing
programs/campaigns) to assist in the enhancement and development of current
and future marketing strategy.
• Responsible for managing and implementing appropriate marketing mix to
ensure attainment of overall marketing costs.
Managing Tour Flow & Guest Experience
• Manage the sales floor to verifythat guest tour flow is efficient and
conducive to sales presentation discussions and purchase deliberations. Manage
activation process from site|s perspective (own and resolve challenges as they
• Monitor guest experience survey data| publish results for associate review|
and follow up as appropriate.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
• Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on
new initiatives to increase production in channels.
• Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted
numbers. Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations
and implement solutions.
• Conduct performance and cost analysis of past programs/events (including
budget considerations and contractual provisions) and make recommendations to
improve and enhance future programs/events.
Maintaining| Analyzing| & Communicating Key Reports
• Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g.|
Confirmations-Experiences per guest| volume-per-guest [VPG]| close rate|
employee satisfaction| Regional Customer Experience Report| Site Daily Flash).
• Conduct competitive market analysis (e.g.| cost per tour| development plans|
and marketing cost by channel and effort).
• Monitor Budget versus Actual Results (BUVARS) by department and channel and
prepare summaries of results for management (e.g.| site| regional| and sales
and marketing leadership). Monitor reports across channels to determine focus
for generating tours.
Managing External Relationships
• Negotiate contracts and work with vendors. Managing Relationships External
to Marketing Discuss action plans with the sales department to ensure that
vendor partnerships will help drive sales.
• Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing
department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility
requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
• Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
• Coordinate closely with sales management on process for addressing guest
eligibility issues| tracking and discussing related trends.
• Build partnerships with resort operations| hotel linkage | OPC vendors| etc|
• Coordinate and prepare with Director of Sales quarterly business objectives.
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
• Prepare for and conduct team meetings. Measure the performance of marketing
executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. Provide one-
on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
• Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g.| way-to-go letters|
personal bests| top three per channel| top VPG| attendance| special
contribution| top three total packages).
• Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g.| through
contests| Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs]| motivational
• Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development
opportunities (e.g.| through ride-alongs| shadowing| monitoring).
• Develop and/or update sales training manuals and sales process enhancements
(e.g.| Eagle Flight Plans| Resource Guides).
• Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create
individual development plans| career paths| and promotion development plans.
• Manage associate performance| developing performance plans for associates
below expectation (progressive discipline).
• Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work
related) brought forth by team associates.
• Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g.| within marketing teams| between
marketing and sales teams).
• Provide guidelines for empowering associates to make decisions regarding
guest experience and service issues.
• Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
• Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow| lead
distribution| reward| recognition| and discipline.
• Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for
conducting business (e.g.| Flight Plans| Local Standard Operating Procedures).
• Participate in recruiting (e.g.| make internal announcements to managers in
order to generate referrals| monitor online and print ads| respond to calls
and emails from potential applicants). Participate in selection processes
• Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
• Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing
activity (e.g.| state marketing matrix| national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
• Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.