Job Number 19073709
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott Hotel Downtown| Abu Dhabi| Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed
Street| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Maximizes revenue through increased bookings across all segments of the hotel.
Provides an efficient and effective process to quickly handle customer
enquiries within pre-defined parameters. Effectively presents and sells all
conference and banqueting products which meet customer needs.
Responsible for preparing all documentations from proposals| contracts| BEOs|
group resumes and coordinating with proactive sales| property departments and
customer to ensure consistent| high level service throughout contracting| pre-
event| event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily
handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a
seamless turnover from proactive sales to service and back to sales.
Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and
offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Follows procedures and guidelines to complete assignments. Handles
confidential and sensitive material.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time position based at the Marriott Hotel & Marriott Executive
Apartment Downtown Abu Dhabi.
• At least 2 years of related work experience in reactive sales| events|
revenue management or related professional area
• Proven record of sales achievement| Strong administrative and interpersonal
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong Communication skills (verbal| listening| writing)| Good Presentation
• Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications| An effective
Team Player in a team based environment
• Effective time management skills| Effective decision making skills| Ability
to influence others
• Good problem-solving skills| Good organization skills| Ability to manage and
balance group and local business
• Ability to implement successful sales strategy| Good negotiation skills|
• Pro-active and reliable| Knowledge of operations and associated challenges
for all brands
• Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including
SFA| Delphi| PMS| MARSHA etc.
• Basic understanding of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
• Good analytical skills| Strong customer and associate relation skills|
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g.| associates| customers|
Education or Certification
• Excellent level of English is essential; additional languages are desirable
• High school diploma or GED in event management| food and beverage| sales and
marketing and/or related professional area
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration or related major; 2 years’
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing
and/or related professional area required
Key Performance Areas:
• Customer Service – Internal and External
• Business Management
• Performance Management
• Personal Effectiveness
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
Managing Reactive Sales| Event Logistics and Operations
• Ensures Diary Management Systems are updated with all activities as
• Convert business through proposal| negotiation and contractual agreement to
ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved.
• Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain
records to develop sales opportunities.
• Responds to telephone/email inquiries/ requests for group business in the
• Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Opera capture
feedback and make suggestions for adapting offering.
• Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals| and ensures that
business booked is within hotel parameters. Processes all correspondence
within acceptable agreed time lines.
• Monitor developments| innovations and best practice across the estate and
competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales
• Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for
• Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and
• Prepares and maintains accurate account information and profiles in Opera
• Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where
possible using the appropriate cross-sell protocol.
• Produces proposals| contracts| BEO’s| Resumes and other related booking
• Ensure strong knowledge of Conference & Events products and selling
• Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call.
• Proficiency in meeting room set-ups| A/V| and other support services
• Strong knowledge of all hotels in the cluster; selling features| benefits
• Understanding of contract management and legalities.
• Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F & B and other event options
• Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
• Understand and achievement of team and individual goals
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures|
collaborating with other employees| and ensuring accuracy.
• Greets customer before and during the event phase and hands-off to the Event
Operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to
processing the final bill.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups of medium
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and
determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve
these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and
• Acts as liaison between proactive sales person and customer throughout the
proposal| contracting and event process (pre-event| event| post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for
improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and
encourages the same from other employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to
the customer and property operations.
• Meets & Greets all events on arrival.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from selling| contracting| pre-
planning through the post event phase until turnover back to proactive sales.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained
feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event
Assisting Event Management Teams
• Exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for
• Communicates vision for service delivery in Event Management to ensure
guests are serviced from arrival to departure (e.g.| greeting from maitre’d or
event services team| food and beverage delivery| fulfillment of special
requests| invitation to return).
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to
review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average assigned groups.
• Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event
Order meeting| block review| menu tasting etc).
• Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoots potential challenges/conflicts.
• Appraises the property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in reactive sales and
event management areas.
• Consults with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements
for events such as meetings| conferences| and conventions.
• Works directly with medium profile and medium revenue groups to ensure an
excellent experience for all customers.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the proactive sales process and revenue forecasting for customer
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual)
for his/her groups.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
• Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in all areas of
reactive sales and event operations (e.g.| Banquet Event Order meetings| pre-
event briefings and staff meetings).
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Safety and Security
• Report work related accidents| or other injuries immediately upon occurrence
Policies and Procedures
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Verify uniform| nametags| and personal appearance are clean| hygienic|
professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools| equipment| machines| or other assets in accordance
with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by his/her manager.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone
within 3 rings| answering with a smile in one|s voice| using the callers|
name| transferring calls to appropriate person/department| requesting
permission before placing the caller on hold| taking and relaying messages|
and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear| appropriate and professional
• Prepare and review written documents (e.g.| daily logs| business letters|
leases| reports)| including proofreading and editing written information to
verify accuracy and completeness.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with
other employees and departments.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and
achieve common goals.
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Handle sensitive issues with tact| respect| diplomacy| and confidentiality
• Performs other duties as assigned by the leader to meet business needs.
• Carries responsibility for ensuring that all cash and key security
procedures are adhered at all times as per the hotel policy
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited| Continental Office
local policies and procedures and with hotel job aids
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours
• This job role is aligned with the Regional bonus scheme eligibility but it
is discretionary based on the hotel financial performance. The bonus
percentage will be guided by the regional team and shall be payable in March
or April of the following year; the amount of the bonus will be based on
annual eligible salary earnings only.