Job Number 1900151M
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort| Abu Dhabi| Saadiyat
Island| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits
culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and
managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas
of responsibility. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent| high
quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff
including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are
achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation
areas (e.g.| banquets| room service| restaurants| bar/lounge and employee
cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g.| dish room and purchasing).
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
• Leads kitchen management team.
• Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
• Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and
• Establishes goals including performance goals| budget goals| team goals|
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure codes|
ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and
procedures related to safety.
• Manages department controllable expenses including food cost| supplies|
uniforms and equipment.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Knows and implements the brand|s safety standards.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Provides direction for menu development.
• Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
• Determines how food should be presented| and create decorative food
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation
• Maintains purchasing| receiving and food storage standards.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for
customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes
guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures
employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Interacts with the Banquet Chef and Catering department on training
regarding food knowledge and menu composition.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
and or managers.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer
• Provides information to executive teams| managers and supervisors| co-
workers| and subordinates by telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and