Job Number 19149277
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai| Sheikh Zayed Road| Dubai|
United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us JW Marriott is part of Marriott
International|s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful
properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the
world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy| our
guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work
experience unlike any other| where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a
true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities
for training| development| recognition and most importantly| a place where you
can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests
exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining of assigned areas to the required
standards as lay down by Housekeeping Supervisor / Housekeeping Manager. The
primary areas of responsibility will be room or public space cleaning| however
the same standards are to be maintained in other designated areas as assigned
from time to time.
Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great interpersonal skills and good level of physical fitness
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal| listening| writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
Good level of English Language essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
A. Reports to Housekeeping office with uniform and clock in.
B. Collects the floor or Public area master key from the Loss Prevention
office| signs for it and picks up daily room reports from Housekeeping office.
To ensure that the key is not handed over to anyone and should not open guest
rooms for anyone.
C. Inform the HK Office Coordinator/Supervisor about any lost and found items
(follow the LSOP in place).
D. Report any breakage and lost items to your Supervisor/Office Coordinator.
E. Report any associate and guest complaints to your supervisor or manager.
F. Once the cleaning assignments are done| to be proceeded to the Housekeeping
office and to be signed off from the shift.
_Responsibilities while cleaning Guest Rooms:_
· No excessive noise to be made in the guest room areas| as it may disturb a
guest. This has to be applied any time during the day or night while on the
· Priority to the checkouts / arrivals to be given when scheduled for the
preparation of the rooms. The only exception to prioritize the occupied rooms
is based on guest request.
· Check for DND’s before entering an occupied room. Inform your
Supervisor/Office coordinator of any room discrepancies| extra departures| and
extended stays (The Supervisor/Office coordinator will also inform you if
there is changes).
· Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access| such as knocking
three times| saying “Housekeeping|” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
· Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms| such as toiletries| glasses|
mugs| linens| towels| tissues| coffee| printed materials| and laundry bags
according to standards.
· Replace dirty linens (e.g.| sheets| pillow cases) and terry (e.g.| towels|
bathrobes) with clean items| following correct bed making and folding
· Clean bathrooms| including bathtub/hot tub/shower| toilet| floor| sink| and
· Remove trash| dirty linen| and room service items from room and
· Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order
(e.g.| hair dryer| television and remote| DVD player| microwave).
· Straighten desk items| e.g. newspapers or magazines| furniture| and
appliances and restore to original positions.
· Dust| polish| and remove marks from walls and furnishings (e.g.| appliances|
furniture| ice bucket| honor bar| baseboards| ledges| entrance door).
· Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g.| in guest rooms and
· Special cleaning of the day to be performed.
· To report any faulty electronics| lights| plumbing| telephone etc. via
GuestWare/IVR to the maintenance department / Housekeeping Supervisor as well
to be filled in the respective room checklists.
· Change the room status as appropriate| e.g. occupied clean| vacant pick up
· When the section is completed| the carts & HK pantry to be arranged.
· To provide a Turn down (Nightly Refresh) service as per the JW Marriott
_Responsibilities while cleaning Public Areas:_
• Clean public and employee restrooms and showers| including stocking bathroom
with adequate paper goods and soap| cleaning all surfaces| and emptying trash.
• Clean glass (e.g.| windows| mirrors) in public and employee areas by
removing dust| spots| and smears.
• Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals|
supplies| and equipment (e.g.| mops| buffers| vacuums| wet vacuum| extractor|
shampoo machine| stain remover).
• Dust surfaces in assigned area| including furniture| fixtures| woodwork|
pictures| public or house phones| fire extinguisher boxes| exit signs| and air
• Empty trash containers| ashtrays| and ash urns in public areas into proper
containers for recycling or disposal.
• Inspect condition of furniture for tears| rips| and stains and report
damages to manager/supervisor.
• Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps| light fixtures| and light
switches| checking that they are in proper working condition| and reporting
• Perform cleaning activities within the property as directed by the
supervisor with proper use of equipment and materials for maintaining a high
standard of hygiene and appearance and in accordance with the laid down
• Complete routine cleaning activities within the area of responsibility
within the specified timeframe and in accordance with the laid down
• Ensure that all cleaning equipment used are regularly cleaned and in safe
and working condition and they are returned to their original location so that
it is easily accessible for the next shift.
• Ensure that maintain all cleaning tools etc. in good condition. Returning
them to their original stores to avoid any delay for the next shift.
• Inform the supervisor of any additional maintenance| cleaning or repairs
that have to be conducted.
• Report the items or valuables found on the property in order to help
maintain the reputation of the property.