Job Number 20020885
Job Category Revenue Management
Location The Abu Dhabi EDITION| Land Plot no. C7-C102| Sector 35 West|
Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager|
the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel| and the global reach of
Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of
hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world|s top cities|
featuring the finest in dining| entertainment| nightlife| and service to
create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience| we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm| out-going| authentically amazing people who are
looking for a place to work that inspires them| challenges them and makes them
proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart| not from a
handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that
continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Responsible for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging
products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms.
Position is accountable for pricing| positioning and inventory of all hotels
within area of purview. Develops and recommends sales strategy for pricing of
the transient customer| wholesale| and group segments. Identifies new revenue
opportunities and effectively communicates sales strategy and pricing to all
key stakeholders. Maintains productive relationships with stakeholders|
including hotel General Managers| sales leaders| franchisees and owners.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related
major; 1 year experience in the revenue management| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration| Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Analyzes information| identifies current and potential problems and proposes
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends|
future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes
transient booking patterns.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning| information
accuracy and competitor positioning.
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Observes| receives| and otherwise obtains information from all relevant
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past
strategies; identifies areas needing improvement| identifies competitor set
strengths| and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
• Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
• Generates yearly room revenue budget.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
• Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales
• Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general
managers and property leadership teams
• Implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated|
implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates brand initiatives| demand and market analysis to
• Communicates market direction to revenue management| sales and hotel
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others| and
maintains them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results| achievements and
challenges to the stakeholders.
• Informs and/or updates executives| peers and subordinates on relevant
information in a timely manner.
• Enters| transcribes| records| stores| or maintains information in written or
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage
projects| achieve goals| and resolve problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.