Job Number 20010564
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel| Dubai| Sheikh Zayed Road|
Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales
opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day
activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term| value-based
customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves
personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales
efforts are coordinated| complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls| entertainment| FAM
trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Provides accurate| complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new
business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions
and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy| driving customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics
of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service