Job Number 19073245
Job Category Spa
Location Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa| Al Rifaa Area| Sharjah|
United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of
employees delivering spa services| including salon| skin care| program
coordination| reservations| reception desk| massage and locker room areas.
Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa| guest services|
or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
• Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing
on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate
new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as